Thursday, July 29, 2010

Khaneshia KJ Smith


A STAR IS BORN…
By Xio

Rising up through the admiration of her father’s life, Khaneshia KJ Smith stepped out into L.A. from Tallahassee, FL with one goal in mind, and that is to achieve her dreams asan Actress. She came out hear a year ago to go to graduate school, but decided that acting was her main passion and pursuit. She made a decision to follow through and went for it. As the tale of other’s successors before her, she had her moments of struggle while reaching for her dreams. “Yes, there were struggles. People will discourage you. They tend to put their own fears upon you. I had to not be around people for two whole weeks”. In addition to this, KJ talks of her financial struggles. “There were times when I struggled paying my bills. I was on the verge of losing my apartment, there were no luxuries. Everything spiraled out of control.” She decided it was time for a change. “I had to tell myself, ‘no more pity parties. Get over yourself; there are other people who struggle. You are going to be successful. Period…’ And that is how I turned my life around. I wanted to be the best. I wanted to be the best at what I do. I wanted to be a Woman.” So what happened? She took it upon herself to network, and join up with L.A. Casting. Through her effort, KJ booked leading roles in commercials, including Neutrogena, Florida Credit Union, and United Way. She landed the lead role as Temoni in the 3 film series “Let it Rain”. She is prepping for the film shooting that will be located in Central Florida! “Yeah, on some auditions, I would say to myself ‘I got that’. That’s mine. I did that. I got it! I was always confident about every audition.” Confidence is what drives to her success. “It’s always fun to get that phone call and get the words ‘Hey, you got the job. You got the role…’ I would be happy to receive that. Its fun, but I’ve always have confidence. I have nothing else to do but to do it.” In addition to her film work, she booked the role of Boochie in a play called “Lust, Love & Infatuation” which showcased here in Los Angeles. KJ appeared on the Fantasy Football calendar, which launched on Monday. She also appeared on a music video for the upcoming new singer “Tank”. Her hero is her dad, who has a disability and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. He started his own family business. Mr. Smith is disabled and black, which according to the nay sayers, were factors that was doomed to fail him. “He had two things working against him. He persevered and created his own family business.” Mr. Smith is now 63 years old. “He has been taking care of me my whole life, now it’s my turn to take care of him.” As for her career, KJ Smith is just getting started. “My next step is to be in a network television series.” Her influences are Beyonce, Jada Pinkett Smith, Meryl Streep, Jackie Bates, and many others. “Oh my God, I want to work with everyone! Beyonce always surpasses herself. Jada Pinkett Smith is talented, married. She is a fellow home girl, real and down to earth. She knows how to balance her life as well as her career. Marriage and family is very important to me. I want to be just like that. Meryl Streep is so talented. Jackie Bates scares the crap out of me. I want to work with her and see how she will react to me in a scene! I want to kiss Brad Pitt, and Robert De Niro is just so smooth. I want to work with everyone. I plan on having a long career.” What keeps her going are these words. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Her advice to upcoming artists: “Speak it, so shall it be. Leave things to its existence. Be what you want and the universe will listen. Speak optimism, even if you get bad responses, give that energy of kindness. Be merry, be graceful, and you will get it in return. Give love to the world. Just give Love.”

(For more information on KJ, you may go to: http://www.lacasting.com/mskjsmith)

No comments:

Post a Comment